Pokemon Go maybe the most popular game on Android and iOS but it is not stable. A lot of users experience various types of problems while playing Pokemon Go that ends up in App crashing. Today, we are going to list down all these issues and also ways on how to fix Pokemon Go Crashing on Android devices.
Pokemon Go Crashes on launch in Android
This is the most common problem faced by Android users who play Pokemon Go. But it’s not due to the a user’s fault. Since thousands of players are trying to connect to the Pokemon Go servers, there is a chance that you miss your connection window and your app crashes.
Common Fixes for Pokemon Go Crashing on Android smartphones
Following are few of the common fixes that worked for many people. Try these before moving onto the next ones.
- Try to keep your Pokemon Go app updated. Developers are constantly updating the game with bug fixes reported by users. Maybe a newer version might solve the crashing issue for you as well.
- If you are running Pokemon Go on an Android device running anything lower than Android KitKat 4.4 or have a resolution lower than 1280 x 720, you are bound to get Pokemon Go crashes on your device. Try to upgrade your Android smartphone.
Fix Pokemon Go Crash on Launch
- Open the Pokemon Go app.
- Kill the app by long pressing home button and swiping the app left or right from the list of opened apps.
- Open the app again.
- If you see a spinning Pokeball, it means that you are connecting to the server. Wait for few seconds. It might take a couple of minutes depending on your connection.
- Once you are connected to the server, the Pokeball icon will disappear.
- Now you can start playing Pokemon Go again.
Fix Pokemon Go Crashing on Android with Message Unfortunately Pokemon Go has Stopped Working
- Open Settings on your Android smartphone.
- Go to About phone.
- Tap on Build number option multiple times till you see a message confirming that Developer mode is enabled.
- Go back to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Developer options.
- Scroll down till you see the option Don’t keep activities under Apps sub-menu.
- Toggle it to turn it off.
- Start Pokemon Go again and it won’t crash.
Pokemon Trainer not moving in Pokemon Go
Another example of Pokemon Go crashing on Android devices is that while playing the game, your Pokemon trainer stops moving and gets stuck to a location while you are still walking. If that happens, it means that your Pokemon Go has crashed. Follow the instructions below to rectify this crash.
- Tap on Recent apps icon to access all opened apps.
- Find the Pokemon Go app. Tap on the X icon on top right of the app tab or simply swipe it to left or right.
- Open Pokemon Go again and start using it. Problem should be fixed by now.
Pokemon Go freezes when trying to catch a Pokemon
A lot of users have reported their their Pokemon Go crashes on Android while they are trying to catch a Pokemon. In some cases, it is also reported that Pokemon Go freezes even in between Pokemon battles. In order to fix this Pokemon Go freeze issue, follow the procedure below.
- If you are using the game over a Wi-Fi network, disable it, wait for few seconds and enable the Wi-Fi again.
- If you are using network data, turn of cellular data option. Wait for few seconds and then enable it again.
- If this doesn’t fix the issue, close the Pokemon Go app by following the steps in the Fix Pokemon Go Crash on Launch.
- Enable Airplane mode on your device.
- Open the Pokemon Go app. It will show you a message telling you that there’s no internet connection available.
- Disable Airplane mode and wait for the Wi-Fi or network data to turn on.
- Wait for the Pokemon Go app to load.
- After loading, you will be able to play the game again.
These were few methods to fix Pokemon Go crashing issues on your Android device. Let us know if we have missed any or it isn’t working for you.